Tuesday, August 19, 2014
08:30 AM - 11:45 AM
|Level: ||Technical - Introductory|
Learn the operational detail about how Hadoop applications work and how they can be utilized. Discover what functionality and value the about 25 different projects/products in the Hadoop ecosystem provide. Projects/Products include: HDFS, MapReduce, Cascading, HBase, Pig, Hive, HCatalog, ZooKeeper, Tez, Shark and much more. Learn how the projects/products are integrated together to provide solutions.
Key points to be discussed:
- What are the projects/products provided in the different Hadoop distributions?
- What functionality is provided by each of the projects/products?
- What companies are behind the different projects/ products?
- How mature are the projects/products?
- In what other ways do the distributions differ?
Brian Drygas is the founder of NavBig, a big data training company. Brian has developed five courses on Big Data:
• Big Data in a Day (for NavBig),
• Cascading Enterprise Developer (for Concurrent),
• Developing Solutions using Apache Hadoop (for Hortonworks),
• Administering Apache Hadoop (for Hortonworks), and
• Data Science with Apache Hadoop (for Hortonworks).
He has taught over 30 courses and 400 engineers, managers and others on big data.
Brian has worked in the Silicon Valley for over 15 years developing and training technical courses. His website, navbig.com, provides big data resources include a listing of big data companies (by functions and categories), a blog, and information on upcoming webinars and conferences.